Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Rodcast 2: Loud (pt 2)

[original page]
[original audio download]

um maybe I should refine that meaning because I don't really that I do waste my time goofing off sure but there are some things I consider this goofing off this is goofing off and you know it's a good positive things that you really don't know the words who you should get to define this absolute right right and so um you know this is a great podcast I actually I have three other podcasts that I do and I have nine or ten other blogs that I do and maybe I should just focus on maybe two blogs a week in one pot I don't know and and I think I can turn those into a positive rather than negative like like I have my my comic strip that I always wanted to work on that I'm behind in that yeah I love you though my Christmas present to my family that I haven't gotten them yet it's April yeah I don't know it's I gave my my mom's birthday was in April I gave her her Christmas present for her birthday yeah because and you guys know what my Christmas present was absolutely Photoshop deal that they did for all my friends but I haven't done it for my family and you know several other blogs a little podcast which unfortunately aren't super popular but you know people do listen to like two people in the world listen to them and I feel bad when I let those two people down but you know I gotta focus on my goods enough what can I say okay and you don't want to make yourself better at all right no I'm good okay that's what actually I have been and it wasn't from today's lesson but it was interesting because lately I have been focusing on getting stuff done like I have all these ideas I have all these different things floating around there and I mean getting stuff done I took the GMAT because I want to get it done so it taken me five years but I finally know what I'm getting it done um I have this you know a business idea right now you know I'm like you know what I'm doing it I don't know how I'm doing it but I'm doing and you know last night I sat down programmed one of the pages I just did it's ugly it's fine I'll change it later but at least it started so yeah that's all alright when you finish back and you please get half level six of the original Legend of Zelda it's impossible it is impossible egg laying all right yeah okay anyway um let's move on yeah what's next week for Sunday school by the way uh it's state conference next week oh that's right okay so take your elbows next no leader but you guys want to do something great we might still be stay or we go so so I don't maybe okay fine okay well we have a little bit of time left right I have to go pretty soon but so a quick second topic geography of the book moron so we hi landed someone somewhere on this North or South America and the action of the the Book of Mormon has you know take place you know somewhere around here we don't know exactly where three models okay and a-one of course is landed South America there's a narrow neck of land which is middle America and the Nephites were in North America the lane lines during the South America the gold plates eventually wound up of course in North America in New York second model everything is just much smaller than that everything happens around like Panama somewhere and that's right where the narrow neck of land is north of the Panama Canal pretty much is the land of bountiful land Zarahemla where the the Jered i'ts jerry lights were which you know and and then south of that is where the Lamanites were anybody know what the third model is I'm not entirely certain I I don't know that I would necessarily agree with the whole Panama thing because I still see that as just well it's the same thing as the big one except it's in a probably tighter knit area yeah one of the other theories I've heard is actually that it was up further from the shoot what it way I want to say that it's miss of Tehuantepec or something it was like further north of the Panama so not necessarily right in Central America Yucatan er yeah yeah okay so just stop in Mexico okay right the UK I guess I did Central America isn't it sorry I don't kind of Dayton someone is saying is that the one that said like the Yucatan comes up in the West sea is actually the Gulf of Mexico we would consider the EC but it's on the west of that Peninsula and so that's why we I'm not remembering my geography that Wikipedia version I'm looking right now yeah there is a really interesting it's too bad we can't be gathered by the compute I guess we can be gathered by the computer because I have a couple of pages up you know with some of this Baylor oh sorry go ahead to the third one the third one which means I guess we should say the fourth one is actually in the Great Lakes area oh yes which um remember yeah I like it is like the Great Lakes and like the Finger Lakes area of New York that was considered where you know the land of many waters were for example and the archaeological evidence behind that you know because there's a little bit of archaeological evidence for this for example in in the second one you know the Panama area you have the the Mayan civilization is kind of similar to the Nephites and they have the temples and stuff and then before them was the Olmec civilization which stays like that corresponds very well to Jared right so you know there you go in in the Great Lakes area they they found similarities with I think some one group mound builders yeah I've heard about them they're like Native American Mound others but you know kind of have similar things to me finds but and of course the Hill Cumorah is right there if if the action did take place in Central America somewhere Moreau and I didn't have to walk across the entire continent to go upstate New York he was already there which that sounds right so um anyway what do you guys think where do you think I would have to take it to the Central America there is the one that I want to learn yeah it was really because structurally you see all of the things that are there it's clear that there were ancient societies there it's roughly around the same general time period and it's clear that there is some sort of historical correlation in certain the way he's that you collected so I would I would put it there I certainly would say that first and the last one to like North and South America are the land northward and align southward I would throw that right out just because of the fact that you have people who are traveling from the land southward up to the land northward in a matter of a couple of days yeah yeah physically there's just no way possible for that to happen yeah and the one at the end where you say that the Great Lakes area I would have to say no to that because I don't know of any narrow neck of land that could be utilized as a okay this is the narrow neck of land yeah I think here's the the two seas on either side well it's between the two Great Lakes perhaps yeah I just can't buy that because all it takes is a guy you know who walks around them you know in two days and says oh these are like they're it's not a see there's stuff on the other side I think it'd take a lot more than two days to walk around agree well here's the thing though the reason I can't get into the Great Lakes thing is I can't figure out where Lehigh or the mule archives because of Atlantis but I put me in the middle of the concert that's my deal and you know I pledge we're gonna have to revisit this because you know I I just kind of glanced at this the people who espouse these have all the reasons that I didn't look at it I just kind of wanted to either Vidal farms has a huge research on yeah um here's my experience with I never even thought about it I didn't care so I got to the mission I was like yeah they're landing and we don't anything here we don't need to tell we don't really again this is all just were talking out our yeah um when I get to Chile I was indoctrinated in the local missionary custom of knowing that they told me they straight up I my companion Missouri like yeah this really landed I'm like what I mean this really like it was up at Vimy old Omar I'm like if I land in Chile like yeah I'm like well how do you know it's like oh there's been numerous apostles who said this I'm like really and I there were stories in one of them I did here from a very reputable I said the elder machi Frederick or something no elder Irene no no no Elroy was our Holland I can't remember but they said like he was obedient he was being able to SiC present their authorities that said I have a strong feeling this is wearing if I'd landed and I actually had a mission conference where the area president said nephew H Elena which is me by was Chilean he said that like you like Oh case is the history of the things but in fairness as you've mentioned many times Chileans have a way older claiming well the very present was from Otto oh okay okay sorry um but I had other issues with him we could talk about another day but that I listen things talk about when know when we should question our leaders what's wrong question I think that's a fun one because he was an area president and I had huge issues with him right up to the moment where he drowned Thank You Frankie we're actually going to mention that good which I heard Fisher say it was that God that he died it I was like I would like that'll be a whole that's definitely mad good money makes that but you can some really good this the one the one thing about the Nephites possibly happened in Chile that countryside was built for what happened to performance there's these little Hills that come out in the middle of nowhere we played out as Michigan's Imperial high commence despot it felt like you're in the Book of Mormon and we would hike around these things it was like it was just a random Hill like it'd be flat you know Chile's kind of built like the Wasatch Front mountains in the east you know kind of Peters out to the west and it's just narrow strip everything it's north and south but it there's this random hill they'll be 500 feet high and around on top and like I'm like you can't oh I have battles on these hills like you felt like it sure and the fruits there you know it is a bountiful land if you want to sell me I know about for whatever but it's very you know there's rivers and lakes and everything you could have a big society or toy goody especially the daddy's mountains being there that's the one thing that I was kind of like well wouldn't we have more mentions of huge huge mountains it look look informative I mean through the Andes is not a trick it's one of the interesting things is the fact that we never ever and why another reason why I don't like the Great Lakes region is we never want to hear anything about cold weather or snow yeah an actual Chile it doesn't ever snow it doesn't know as you can see it yeah but you can go I mean so if you had farther north I could definitely see you okay that's why I feel like it was more the system along the equator well my parents went on a trip to the Yucatan politia and the the glocal guys to Rio probably so from from Utah goes you Mormon like yeah goes so do you want the Mormon version of the story we gathered LDS and he was like showed up like yeah like yeah they thought a table here to add it said and it came to pass on it I made sure my I don't know we need farms to get in on this but that's all my take on this so far okay well I'm just gonna save the second one the Panama you know just because I mean that just a narrow neck landed okay um my question but you guys with a lot on the west side of the cognate ELISA I'd always thought the west side I didn't I get to Chile I realized that they were stay in the west side and I'm like really so yes he left it with past Australia yeah across the Pacific past Easter Island past you know one ended up didn't matter he has to go around the paper it was a bit has a real shot for going east from the bottom of yeah they definitely thought about that um but it wouldn't I mean that's a long straight that's huge so I mean I mean just because you have to go around Africa doesn't mean it's last who were Union where does the Jared Iceland west side also well I don't think we have any sort of like from the from the book itself I don't think they gave us any directions they were in a dish but the trouble is we don't know where they necessarily started off from the Jared ice yes and we lock it we talk about how they they were around the time of the Tower of Babel this is but we ooh I think historically we would think that happened somewhere in Babylon around the Fertile Crescent it you know up in that general area but was it I mean I could seriously see them have traveled down to the Mediterranean coast across that way for the jarred ice and being able to you know they headed west it would have been a much straighter shot for them to go that way but in fairness they don't exactly have maps of the entire world so they can't say oh oh yeah oh this would be a boat sir well it's got away with advocating they were that's true then that's sure oval things like an au ties a good shot yeah they who knows really yeah the only thing we do know is a road I buried place is he'll tomorrow I was all right all right just Great Lakes that settled it whether he was alive or deceased after the fact is a note of contention and did he bury them as a resurrected being or did he bury them as for someone who had traveled all that way up there you haven't oh he could have done it that that's a week before Joseph Smith Ghanim that's the two Hill Cumorah theory that that's often brought up and said look you know it doesn't why does it have to be where the you know Hill Cumorah where the final battle took place is the same Hill Cumorah which by the way I believe was Oliver Cowdery who named it the Hill Cumorah where he got the place from why though we don't have to be the same thing it could have been you know from the last battle to when Merle and I finally buried the place so like he got resurrected it's and then um like Christ says to him you're way off with where you buried those things why I need you to keep going here yeah I don't know it seems unlikely but it's one of the things that people of elevation the bottom leg is really better no really it will the here's know not only does it not matter I mean yes it doesn't matter I don't think that should preclude us from talking about it because I love talking about um but I think God is going to have several different solutions here he's not going to he's not going to point us in one direction there is never going to be a single place and there will never be archaeological evidence that proves the book and more incorrect just like I don't think there's ever going to be archaeological evidence that disproves because the whole point of the coming forth of the book of mourners that we have to have faith and we have to ask Heavenly Father if it's true and we can't have like the physical representatives get to crotch on and so I think it's very interesting that there are all of these solutions there are are all of these theories and they all are so compelling in their own ways so one but there isn't going to be one there's like lost like we'll never know actually like we'll find out your legs six weeks by five we might good will cry the next five or six weeks like how show ends we I'm looking I'm certain up we will have it's not going to be tied up completely well again some questions and not every question that each person has is going to get answers well even major ones that would be who get answered so well also keep bear in mind that the Second Coming will probably happen before the very end of laws and so we'll never really know um I have one thought though the toy of subject that came from that we have our logical evidence that the Bible exists right people get hair strangled off the Book of Mormon what about but there are problems there are there are archaeological problems with the Bible especially with certain things our Bible you yeah um no I'm talking about if you're given the Book of Mormon Katherine I thought illogical I think the Bible has more problems it's a lot but I'm thinking hey could I mean well there are things like like the the Exodus that's a big problem um what I mean the Exodus well there's no evidence of a group of people from that time you know doesn't say the Egyptians don't necessarily have any sort of okay what history about that which you know what quite honestly well that's not surprising they just the Egyptians are very selective about what they've chose to put into history and they they have rewritten their history so many times with each new Pharaoh that comes along right um I'm going to talk about tests are going to test well when Christ died there were the crazy things that happened there was the you know the earthquake in the and the the darkness for three hours right that's only scriptural accounted for i I think I believe we would look cute and yes yes I said archaeological that's why we're talking about us well I was also thinking more I'm compendium wise I mean we know the order of the Bible is just because it's blank except for Revelation in the New Testament right only who so who wrote the book of John was it John I believe it was my means okay I mean I not not every book in the Bible what did you read it there are guesses we don't know that I'm saying yeah I think I'm like 90 you know so much flak for the book of war was like look survival like it's it's a book on faith take what you want out of it the hope it's clear that any sort of meaningful testimony should be built upon the spirit and not you know what evidence one can gain through physical means because numerous apostles and gospel teachers have said that's not going to be a testimony folds up if it's based off of historical evidence it's never going to hold up or bear you through the trials that will come in your life if you have a testimony that's centered upon Christ and the spirit then you are going to be able that that's a testimony that's going to be a value and worth okay nevertheless I do want to yeah you've got this topic I'll okay blondie yeah I enjoy it okay um by the way one more thing about geography we do have reference in the Book of Mormon of smell and that is in Lehigh's dream where they compare the fruit to the whiteness of driven snow all of the newest know was so they know it's know what those intrusive easy it snows in Jerusalem no no in generally Oh hastily can I say Anna was yeah this is that one we go first Nephi 11 8 the whiteness of the tree exceeds whiteness of driven snow we use as coating I mean yeah I mean he could've but in Isaiah Neil and I mean Israel was close to snow-capped mountains in Lebanon to the north but I think I think they were familiar with snow they didn't mention they also didn't mention hot weather although the Lamanites did run around and they run around pretty much naked it says so it must've been summer during the battles wherever they were hordes of central Berg it would have been Central America or could have been the Great Lakes region was very humid and you're gonna want to take some I'm not going to wear that heavy hot armor but it's it's not hot but really I guess it is in the summer I'm sorry Pennsylvania absolutely gets very very humid I had a brother-in-law who who served there and he it was creeks said it was crazy crazy hot I think Great Lakes I think Michigan yeah so do I Michigan but a constant I guess if you would talk to Lester greatly anyways okay yes okay random question and I asked Pete about this a couple weeks to go maybe I talk to you about this but okay let's think of a big characteristics of the LDS Church seen from the outside like what are some like some of the major things that people think of when you leave in Mormons okay polygamy no word of wisdom type stuff yeah drink a notice yet not me that's a pretty big one um the three I'm kind of going for that I think a very unique - and those are big polygamy is a big one very big one another one is some of years ago is not gonna master okay okay yeah well go on um blacks in the priesthood is a big one oh of course of course um answers it's not as much anymore but it was it yeah it was totally the other one is um forgot whole thing the same Oh three degrees of glory really I would ask what we've been going for I think I think those are some big you know like we'll take you or you know kind of kind of doctrinal aspects of a total of Mormonism okay godlike aspirations yeah um but mostly mostly three degrees of glory uh and as long as we're talking about the Book of Mormon I just wanted to ask you this well third no no it's look at me watching the priesthood of Jerry's glory hood which I that counts for three so that's five things polygamy which probably could be more than one thing the size of the priesthood so let's so Kingdom terrestrial Kingdom celestial so if I think to go uh okay don't don't you find it interesting this is kind of a what's up with that that I can't really figure out the Book of Mormon kind of addresses all three of these things the Book of Mormon addresses polygamy in Jacob three right this and what is addressed is don't do it The Book of Mormon addresses the afterlife quite often but pretty much without fail the after is composed of a hell and a heaven and no mention of three degrees of glory is mentioned in The Book of Mormon and the Book of Mormon and this is kind of mild but the Book of Mormon does mention when when it says you know the weight of Christ is open to all both white black and white bond and free that that passage from second define 26 and so it's this is my question what's up with that it's the Book of Mormon and the big things the really big things about Mormonism are covered in the Book of Mormon but they seem to say the opposite of what the doctrine actually that came about from double come on oh no because the doctorate Covenants is where we did all of the revelations all these doctrine mm-hmm and so if you want to live in the religion of the Book of Mormon year 1600 years too late but if you want to live in our religion it's the dr. Kevin's not the Book of Mormon okay so you've seen if you're paying the doctor income this is a bit more important in the Book of Mormon I had a class whole time with a professor of July you said if you could always use one book which would you take and the Old Testament is a dead religion the New Testament the Living Dead religion book more with the dead religion it looks like the New Testaments of zombie religion I did say those I've ever taken is like that our guide to religion is the dr. covenant interesting that's where we get them all and if we have revelations today where do they get put that you put in the doctor comes they can I mean well I think we see the prohibition of family get out of it as a sex I wanted some sort of opinion or something but I um as far as your question exactly I think it's got to talk about the degrees I'm gonna have to research this but I think it's somewhere in Alma doesn't talk about the degrees a little bit I know it talks about the Mark of Cain and the Nephites because the convergence becoming wider and I mean yeah yeah which it never really goes to over too well because you know you know that that kind of an emphasis that's kind of a kind of an emphasis on the separation which I'm not super comfortable with this is what a signature ulis before I want to look the way out yeah you snuck a third topic I know I know well like you're making your own room I told you this like a month ago yeah well then you get macaroni why don't know there's a clear there's no clear question you're saying what's up with that that's a clear question what up with that well well then I'm going to give you my answer that's just the way that it is yeah if you want to get specific I I could probably do some stuff but I I'm just not sure isolated well I just it's almost like I don't have this is not okay I don't want to say this is like this big crazy serious question I have issues with it's just a weird thing I think it's just a weird thing that I think is kind of interesting something that I've noticed just kind of Oh huh what do you know because in the Bible you actually do have thorough marriage kind of a normal thing when you go talk over though it does talk about the I don't know perl marriage is ever a normal thing of all the ones that the Jacob scripture for you says not to do it unless commanded together do someone's commanded okay I mean you can't assume that but three degrees of glory is a New Testament concept that's it no it's doctored covenants concept the New Testament first as far as publishing goes and and yeah so I think it's kind of because those are it it's these are some of the things that people don't like the moments for and there's more evidence for that the stuff they don't like us for in the Bible then our own Book of Mormon okay so I I just think it's fascinating but it's because we live the doctor covenants good yeah yeah okay so anyway I have one more thing I wanted to do we don't have to do it we'll do it later we can do it later I wanted to do it maybe I'll do it with Pete you better be a preview well it's just a game I wanted to play a game with this game that we used to play in on our missions where the Mormon Gulf it's I don't know what it's called where you open up the Book of Mormon and you start reading GART read and you see how many verses you can get through before someone else you gotta find it yeah and and you know so we could we could do this every week in like house and we can have a leaderboard if he's doing it the best okay okay okay we start that up maybe another time yeah we go anywhere mean what weeks kind of like oh I'm gonna tell you oh it's in your car yeah what I didn't think you bring about your scriptures in Jan when you're I still do oh I was gonna plug there's I'll put this on the list okay the things I want to talk about disagree my red but not at all just going to be filled with things that we should talk about one song a little custom oh good this one all your ideas have been really good this is LDS like I bought the scriptures from iPhone you can get a free version it's out there but the verse I bought was $15 which is the iTunes Store it's none of you aware is unheard of no one's self stuff for that much from the iTunes I mean there's there's apps that are there's a couple medical ones ago for hundreds of dollars but for the standard layperson 50 bucks is like what I want to talk about that next week okay okay good Lori's executives I'm not done fair enough okay we'll talk about that next week we're going to be talking about state conference next week that and it would have been our fitting to - for the discussion this week that's good yeah I'm sorry yeah I don't want to talk a little bit all right gotta go okay fine go anyway goodbye we'll see you

No comments:

Post a Comment